Our mission to save and sustain lives carries through our supplier base.
We consider several environmental and social factors as we integrate sustainable practices into our procurement processes. We collaborate with our suppliers to identify opportunities to improve environmental performance, such as reducing energy use, greenhouse gas emissions and waste.
We also promote human rights throughout our supplier base and seek to maximize procurement opportunities from small, minority, women, LGBT, disabled and veteran business enterprises by proactively identifying qualified suppliers.
- Global Supply Chain Standards: Baxter endorses and strongly supports the GS1 standards for healthcare. We believe that industry-wide adoption of these standards will improve patient safety and drive increased efficiency and integrity.
- Trade Compliance: We place a high priority on compliance with laws regulating exports, imports, and supply chain security. Our compliance responsibilities include appropriate screening and contractual and security requirements that agents, distributors, suppliers, and other parties doing business with us must meet. In addition to meeting Baxter’s requirements, the agents, distributors, suppliers, and other parties doing business with or representing Baxter are also expected to comply with the letter and spirit of all applicable laws regulating exports, imports, and supply chain security.
- Responsible Procurement & Logistics: Our global supply chain extends from the producers of raw materials utilized in manufacturing to the end users of its products. Our company is committed to building and driving a responsible supply chain.
Policies and Standards Guiding Procurement
Important: Supplier Notice of Change (SNC) Requirement
We expect all our suppliers to notify us prior to making any changes that may affect conformance to defined requirements, product quality, or a regulatory filing.
Suppliers should use Baxter’s Supplier Notice of Change Form (GQF-11-03-04) and submit it to [email protected] in advance. It must include the necessary change documentation demonstrating the acceptability and compliance of the change.
We expect our supplier’s change control activities to be well planned and documented to assure full compliance of products to the requirements.
At a minimum, our suppliers are expected to:
- Ensure that personnel executing the change are qualified
- Evaluate all changes for product or process risk, including efficacy and safety
- Properly document and communicate changes to Baxter, in writing, prior to execution, and
- Obtain Baxter’s approval, in writing, using the Baxter SNC Form, prior to implementation.